- Your personal information
At the San Francisco Art Exchange, we value our clients and visitors, and will always respect your right to privacy. Any personal information you provide us will be held in the strictest confidence and will only be used within our company to provide you with the customer service you deserve. Whether you are a customer, client, visitor or registrant, we jealously guard your information. We will never sell, rent, share, redistribute, transfer or otherwise disclose your information to anyone. If you ever wish to be removed from our list of clientele, we will quickly do so upon confirmed notification from you.
- How secure is the personal information I provide to San Francisco Art Exchange/SFAE.com?
- We work to protect the security of your information during transmission by using Secure Sockets Layer (SSL) software, which encrypts information you send or submit electronically to us. Credit card transactions are securely processed directly to our bank using the secure gateway provided by Authorize.net.
- What does San Francisco Art Exchange/SFAE.com do with the personal information we receive from you and store?
We receive and store any information you enter on our Website or provide us through any other means. An exception to this is that we do not store your financial data, it is processed through our secure transaction gateway platform provided by Authorize.net only as necessary to support the current transaction.
We try to make sure that our email and other types of communications to you are are respectful of your time by being relevant to you and your interests. If you register to receive announcements and offers from us, we provide a page to choose your preferences that are tailored to the category(ies) of information you wish to receive from us. In this way we hope to provide you with more useful and more personally interesting communications with you specifically have in mind.
- Examples of information collected or that you give to us.
- You provide most information to us when you buy, register, participate in a contest or questionnaire, or communicate with customer service. Examples of information and the means by which you provide it to us: when you place an order through SFAE.com; when you provide information in My Account; when you communicate with us by phone, e-mail, or otherwise; when you complete a questionnaire or a contest entry form; as you compile and save items in your Viewing Room; and when you apply for personal notification or announcement services. As a result of these actions, you might supply us with such information as your name, address, and phone number(s); credit card information; e-mail address(es); shipping address(es); or other types of information you may provide to us.
- Can I access, change or remove my personal information?
- Yes. Once you first register with San Francisco Art Exchange/SFAE.com, either as a necessary part of the purchasing process, to register to receive notices from us or to save items in your Viewing Room or Shopping Cart, you will have access to all information you have provided by going to your account page. You can add, modify, or delete any information in your account at any time.
- Electronic communications
- When you visit SFAE.com or send us emails, you are communicating with us electronically and by so doing you consent to receive communications from us electronically. You agree that all agreements, notices, disclosures and other communications that we provide to you electronically satisfy any legal requirement that such communications be in writing.
- What are my alternatives?
- You can always choose not to provide information. Obviously, certain information will be needed from you if you wish to complete a purchase. Likewise, we will need some information from you if you would like to be kept informed to take advantage of certain features or offers SFAE.com will develop and announce from time to time. If you do not want to receive email or other mail from us, you can always modify your account preference at any time. Regardless of this, all notices on this website at SFAE.com will still govern your use of this site and it is your responsibility to review them for changes.